We will cover the importance of understanding sleeping systems, and the role each component of the sleeping system contributes to your safety, warmth and comfort on the trail. This class will focus on sleeping systems which consist of sleeping bags, sleeping pads, pillows, and the industry assumptions associated with different sleeping rating systems, including the “temperature” rating of a sleeping bag.
At the end of the class, you will understand the following:
- Temperature ratings true meaning?
- Types of sleeping bag material down filling to Synthetics
- What is an EN number, and why it is important.
- Rectangular vs. Mummy bag vs. Hybrid sleeping bags
- The purpose and significance of a sleeping pad
- How to properly sleep in a sleeping bag, no minimize condensation
- How to purchase a sleeping system that is right for you
- Industry Assumptions and Mis-Information in the sleeping bag world
Who Should Attend?
- People buying sleeping bags
- Backpackers that want to understand the assumptions the industry makes about sleeping systems, which could alter what your sleeping system contains
- If you want to ensure you stay warm at night
Did You Know?
- The temperate rating on a sleeping bad is not regulated so companies don’t have to verify the accuracy
- Temperature rating are based on 3 assumptions
- Sleeping bags give survival ratings not comfort ratings
- Sleeping Pads are regulated by a governing body