Who said you have to sleep on the ground? Camping is one of the great gateways to extending your time in the outdoors and enjoying nature. Looking at the stars at night to meditation during the day camping furls the soul and helps to re-energize us. Camping does require a few skills that anyone can master in a short time. This class will cover all the aspects of camping. This class is not for RV’ers.
Throughout this class, you will learn the following:
- How to select and set up a tent
- Camp Essentials
- How to sleep outdoors from blow up mattresses to sleeping bags
- Reserving a camping site and how to find the right one
- Cooking outdoors, and the many options available to you
- Planning a weekend getaway
- Camping with kids
Who Should Attend?
- New or Limited experience campers
- People looking to elevate and improve there camping skills
- People curious about camping but have never gone camping
- People looking to master the glamping side to camping
- New campers wanting to get questions answered
- Anyone who wants to upgrade their current camping set-up
Did You Know?
- Tent companies don’t supply you with all the accessories to setup up the tent appropriately whether it is a $50 tent or $1000 tent
- If you buy the wrong tent, the inside of the tent will collect condensation and “rain” on you at night inside the tent.
- Making ho-bo meals are a great way to make simple meals and entertain kids
- You can bake over an open fire and make meals as good as home
- You can rent private property to go camping
- Most people had a bad experience camping when younger and that stops them from camping now
- You can set up a tent with a queen mattress, pillow and sheets and never buy a sleeping bag