In-Person Backpacking Class
This class will cover the fundamentals of backpacking and what you need to go backpacking. We will cover everything you need to know before your first backpacking trip from water purification and sleeping systems to backpacks.
This course will cover:
- Sleeping Systems
- Water Purification
- Tent Systems
- Cooking Systems (pocket rocket vs. jetboil)
- Food Storage
- Bear Hangs
- UL vs Traditional backpacking
- Leave No Trace principals
- Packing your backpack
- Purchase the correct gear for your needs
This class is 3.5-4 hours and will be in-depth, please bring your questions, since we know you have spent a number of hours on you-tube investigating backpacking. This class is taught by experts who have done at least one of the following, Hiked AT, PCT or CDT, climbed at least one of the 7 global summits, or has completed at least 25 backpacking trips with at least 10+ acting as a guide.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in backpacking
- People who haven’t backpacked in a while and need a refresher