Compass 2 and Map Navigation
Join us for Compass 2 and Map Navigation, an exciting event where you’ll learn the ins and outs of using a compass and map to navigate like a pro! Whether you’re a beginner or have some experience, this event is a great opportunity to brush up on your navigation skills and gain confidence in the outdoors.
During this in-person event, our knowledgeable instructors will guide you through various techniques and strategies for reading maps, understanding compasses, and using them together effectively. You’ll also have the chance to practice these skills in real-life scenarios, reinforcing your understanding and helping you become more self-reliant in the wilderness.
So grab your boots or sturdy closed toe shoes, pack some snacks, and get ready to embark on a fun and educational adventure with us at Compass 2 and Map Navigation!
By the end of this class, you will understand the following:
- How to properly read a topographic map
- How to use a topographic map with a compass
- Using the terrain to help you locate where you are at
- Finding bearing and using triangulation
- How to navigate and create your hiking routes
- The significance of true north vs. magnetic north
- How to find items in the woods, using only map and compass
How Should take this class
- People wanting to truly navigate in the woods / off path
- People wanting to increase their safety in the outdoors
- People increase their hiking skills
- Orienteering beginners
- Hunters, Backpackers and Outdoors people
Prerequisite: How to use a compass class or knowledge of creating a bearing